Located in the heart of colourful and buzzy Kampong Gelam, each stay at The Sultan is not complete without checking out our award-winning, genre-pushing, and downright awesome neighbours in Time Out’s 29th Coolest Neighbourhood In the World!
Whether your interest is in history or art, mixology or gastronomy, shopping or beauty, there’s something for everybody! Plan your very own unforgettable The Sultan vacation using our specially curated guides and itineraries that feature our most illustrious and unmissable neighbours and partners in this hip ‘hood.
Immerse yourself in the sights, sounds and tastes of the greater Bugis area—and get some incredible photos to boot—when you stay with us at The Sultan this weekend!
Together with Tribe Tours, discover our neighbourhood, one of Singapore’s most colourful and vibrant enclaves, on foot and through your camera lens. Travel along the famed streets of Bugis, Kampong Glam and Waterloo Street in the company of a knowledgeable guide and friendly content creators on Singapore’s only small-group Instagram tour.
Exclusive to guests of The Sultan, book your spot on Tribe Tour’s #Instawalk at only S$48.00 per person.
Terms & Conditions:
• #Instawalk must be booked together with a stay at The Sultan for the exclusive discounted price to apply.
• #Instawalk takes place Saturdays 09:30 – 11:30am & 4:00 – 6:00pm.
• #Instawalk requires a minimum of 2 participants to start.
• #Instawalk start point is at Bugis MRT Station Exit C.
Complete your heritage experience at The Sultan with Bike Around Tour’s Nostalgic Bike & Bite bicycle tour around the island’s Peranakan strongholds of Katong & Joo Chiat. This East Coast enclave’s captivating identity, shaped by its unique pre-war architecture—colourful two-storey shophouses and terrace houses with ornate facades, intricate motifs and ceramic tiles—makes it one of the most well-loved must-see destinations for locals and tourists alike.
Departing from Nicoll Highway (a short 7-min walk from The Sultan), get ready for a 4-hour bike ride that will take you on a tasty journey through East Coast to discover Nonya favourites like Katong laksa and kueh chan, ending off with a delectable local lunch or dinner at Old Airport Road Hawker Centre.
Exclusive to guests of The Sultan, book your spot on Bike Around Tour’s Nostalgic Bike & Bite bicycle tour at 20% off.
Terms & Conditions:
• Nostalgic Bike & Bite bicycle tour must be booked together with a stay at The Sultan for the exclusive discount to apply.
• Nostalgic Bike & Bite bicycle tour takes place daily at 09:00am – 1:00pm & 2:00 – 6:00pm.
• Nostalgic Bike & Bite bicycle tour requires a minimum of 2 participants to start.
• Nostalgic Bike & Bite bicycle tour start point is at Nicoll Highway MRT Station Exit A.
Batik, an Indonesian technique of wax-resist dyeing, originated from Java and is designated by UNESCO as a Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity.
Embark on a 2-hour hands on experience in the beautiful art of batik making with Ozel as they lead you through the process of creating your very own batik tulis (hand-drawn batik)—distinguished from other forms of batik for its time-consuming and organic process, and popularity with serious batik collectors.
Exclusive to guests of The Sultan, book your spot on Ozel’s Batik Tulis Workshop at only S$18.00 per person.
Terms & Conditions:
• Ozel Batik Tulis Workshop must be booked together with a stay at The Sultan for the exclusive discount to apply.
• Ozel Batik Tulis Workshop takes place daily between 11:00am – 5:00pm, advance reservation is strictly required and slots are subject to availability. Once a session has been booked, it is non-cancellable.
• Ozel Batik Tulis Workshop is 2 hours long. Your artwork will have to be brought home with you at the end of the session whether it is completed or not.
• Ozel is located at 729 North Bridge Road, Singapore 198697 (between Jalan Pisang and Jalan Pinang).